It’s cold. Officially cold. We’re waking up in the dark and there’s a bite in the air that calls for coats and boots and lots of lovely knits. This is my favourite time of the year to be outside and it’s my favourite time of the year for clothes, big and small.
I’ve put together my edit of winter staples, starting with the girls. I’ll be posting boys next and then toddlers/ babies and coats separately. I seem to have been drawn to a colour palette of ochre and greys which wasn’t intentional at all, but I love it. There is a mix of things that should set your little one up for winter whether they’re getting dressed up for a party or layering up for a day out. I tend to put my girls in dresses and cardis with ribbed tights and desert boots day to day and switch to mary janes when they’re going to a party or somewhere a bit smarter. Although Hattie has been known to wear her sparkly mary janes to a farm..and step in a fresh and steaming cow pat in them – that taught her!! A few of the dresses and skirts will also still be great for the summer with bare legs. Although that seems like a milllion years away right now doesn’t it?
Ps. Mango has been amazzing this season, so much better than Zara. Both Gap and Next have totally lost the plot!!
And also, I know the tights I suggest are quite pricey but it’s worth it. They don’t bobble or sag and wear really well.
This cardigan is so so useful, it can go over everything. I would like it in my size. That goes for the leopard print Mary Janes too 🙌🏻 and how cute is the hat with the ears! It comes in a lovely pink shade too.
- Zara checked peplum blouse £10.99
- Mango chunky cardigan £15.95
- La Redoute knitted hat with ears £6.30
- Mango skirt with tassels £15.99
- Next Chelsea boots £25
- Boden leopard Mary Janes
- Cord skinny treggings HM £6.99
Look at the tartan cat ears! They’re absolutely an essential winter accessory?? A ribbed polo neck is also quite useful, cute with cords or jeans or under a dress like this one from M&S
- Zara velvety kitty backpack £17.99 – how cute is this? I always find if I let the girls take a handbag of whatever they want out with them, they let me choose their clothes.
- M&S cord pinafore dress £16
- Zara ribbed polo neck £6.99
- La Coqueta desert boots £46
- La Coqueta tartan cat ears headband £12
- Mango checked blouse £16.99
- Cord dungaree dress HM £12.99 Mango also do a nice one in tan which my girls have and wore with a navy polo neck this weekend. Looked cute
- Pisamonas desert boots £21.95
- La Coqueta ribbed socks £6
- Numero 74 skirt, russet £18.20
I ummed and ahhed over this dress as I don’t usually like anything with tiers or anything in pink for that matter (often because it can wash out my girls). But it’s a lovely pink and it’s velvet and i think it could look really cool with some socks.
- Mango dusty pink velvet dress £25.99
- Boden sparkly mary janes
- Mango dress £15.99
- Pisamonas desert boots £21.95
- La Coqueta ribbed knee high socks £6
- La Coqueta navy leather desert boots £46
- Zara checked dress £21.99
- Bear bag, Greenberry kids £16
- La Coqueta tights £10
- Chambray dress, Smallable £16.25
- Mango blouse with frill shoulders £9.99
- Boden fairisle cardigan £29.25
- Mango peplum blouse £19.99
- Vertbaudet cords £11.25
- Next suede chelsea boots £25
This red dress is a bit pricey but it’s so cute that I couldn’t resist and it’s a perfect dress for christmas day! Also I normally buy tights from La Coqueta or Pisamonas but Papouelli have a really lovely range of colours – love the rusty ones. The navy Mango dress is also very cute on and has flared sleeves. It’s a light fabric so definitely wearable in all seasons.
- Boden ribbed cardigan £20.25
- Boden Velvet Mary Janes
- Mango navy flowy dress £16.99
- Papouelli ribbed tights £11
- Merrily style dress £48
- La coqueta desert boots £46 Pisamonas do a lovely suede version too for £21
- Hm denim dress £9.99
The bag!!! HOW adorable? And another of the most useful cosy (and cheap) cardigans you can find.
- Vertbaudet chunky slouchy cardigan
- Numero 74 dress £20.80
- Zara knitted pom pom bag £12.99
- Boden leopard mary janes £31
- Zara dress £23.99
- La Coqueta socks £6
- Mango chunky sweater £19.99 This is so cute, but be warned it’s a tad itchy. My girls wear with a long sleeved vest underneath or a collared blouse is cute too.
- Petit Bateau peter pan collar top £18
- Numero 74 skirt £16.25
- Mango checked skirt £15.99 this one only goes to age 3 (although I think skirts are cuter when they’re not too long)
- Boden sparkly Mary Janes £31
- Next grey collarless coat £30